Friday, November 21, 2008

In the March Family sitting room....

Our Homeschooling day involved attending the Little Women, Kookaburra Musical at the Seymour Centre.

We went with a HS group that wasn't our usual group of familiar faces however, we had a wonderful time


The Musical was very different to the My Fair Lady one we saw a couple of weeks ago...I loved it just as much, for different reasons and my daughter found that she loved Little Women and preferred it to MFL.


In any case, the actors played their roles marvellously...stirring laughter, annoyance, shock, sadness, romance, hope and the desire to stand for what you believe in.



The death of Beth, like in the book and the movies, was a time to feel so many mixed emotions of grief and loss. How it reminded me of losing my own loved ones....you couldn't help but remember and even briefly relive it, especially when the mother is angrily questioned by Jo about how she is able to just 'continue with life' even though Beth is gone and in her reply, Mrs March shares how heartwrenching it is to have to be strong and focused for the sake of her family, how she would have never imagined this happening and how she missed her child. Having gone through the loss of my mom and having to have put my own grief and pain aside for the sake of my very young children, I felt I could feel what she was trying to explain. The actress was so spot on with this part.......I could have gone down to the stage and given her a hug...feeling that I knew exactly what she was talking about....Sigh!


What a pleasure it was....for hours afterwards, I actually missed being there in the March family sitting room, sharing their lives. The very fact that I was stirred to even feel like this proves to me how well the actors played their parts and how they made this a great experience to attend.









No comments: